Simucase Guided Observation Program
With the Simucase Guided Observation Program, students can earn up to 25 ASHA observation hours! Learn at your own pace and earn hours in a safe virtual environment!
To earn observation hours, you will watch a curated set of videos selected by our expert editorial team of ASHA-certified speech-language pathologists.* The videos include patients of all ages in various settings. They cover a wide array of communication and swallowing issues. And all of the videos include interactive, engaging questions that encourage self-paced learning.
Ready to get started?
- Reach out to the clinical director of your program and confirm that they will accept watching videos for observation hours.
- Purchase a Simucase membership.
- Download the video checklist. It includes a link to each video in the library along with its topic area and run time.
- Choose the videos you’d like to watch based on the topics you’re interested in and that meet the hour(s) you need to earn.
- Watch each video in Interactive Mode and answer the questions.
- You must watch each video all the way through for the completed record to show up in your transcript.
- When you’re done watching all of the videos, sign up for a Zoom webinar and participate in a guided discussion led by an ASHA-certified SLP.
- You are required to participate and answer questions during the guided discussion webinar.
- At the end of the webinar, you will receive a certificate of participation.
- Download your certificate and your transcript. Provide the documentation to your supervisor.
- If your school or program already uses Simucase, your faculty will also have a record of the videos you completed.
*Simucase supervisors will approve only video observation hours that students earn from viewing the videos listed on the video checklist. No substitutions will be accepted.