Simucase Guided Observation Program
With the Simucase Guided Observation Program, students can earn observation hours at their own pace in a safe virtual environment!
Ready to get started?
- Reach out to your academic program coordinator and confirm that they will accept watching videos for observation hours.
- Purchase a Simucase membership.
- Download the video checklist for your professional area of study:
- The checklist includes a link to each video in the library along with its topic area and run time.
Watch the videos
- Choose the videos you want to watch based on the topics you’re interested in and how many hours you need.
- Watch each video in Interactive Mode and answer the questions.
- You must watch each video all the way through for the completed record to show up in your My Learning transcript.
Tips for improving your observation skills
- Avoid distractions while watching observation videos.
- Keep a journal. Write down your observations and questions.
- Pay attention to details. Try to identify which details are important.
- Quantify things as you see them. Practice recording data.
Participate in a guided discussion
- When you’re done watching all of the videos, sign up for a Zoom webinar and participate in a guided discussion led by a certified/licensed professional from your area of study.
- Following the webinar, you’ll receive a certificate of participation.**
- Download your Video Activity Record. Provide the documentation to your supervisor. If your school or program already uses Simucase, your faculty will also have a record of the videos you completed.
You’re required to participate and answer questions during the guided discussion.
What is guided observation?
To earn observation hours, you’ll watch a curated set of videos selected by our expert editorial team.*
The videos, which include patients of all ages in various settings, cover a wide range of assessments and interventions. And all of the videos include interactive, engaging questions that encourage self-paced learning.